Open positions. Please review completely to apply.
Position: Prevention and Promotion Specialist, NAMI Utah Prevention by Design
Reporting to: NAMI Utah Prevention by Design Program Director
Status: 40 hours per week
Salary: $13-$15 per hour (depending on experience)
Closing Date: Open until filled
The National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) is the nation’s largest grassroots mental health organization dedicated to building better lives for the millions of Americans affected by mental illness. NAMI Utah is Utah’s voice on mental illness whose mission is to ensure the dignity and improve the lives of those who live with mental illness and their families through support, education, and advocacy.
NAMI Utah Prevention by Design (PbD), initiated by contract with Utah’s Division of Substance Abuse and Mental Health, is a plan for addressing suicide in Utah by contracting with local community networks in systematic and evidence based approaches to mental illness prevention and mental health promotion.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Assist the Program Director in managing and implementing the NAMI Utah Prevention by Design program (mental health promotion and mental illness/suicide prevention) by:
- Communicating regularly with Prevention by Design partners to provide assistance and ongoing support to implement their respective prevention plans including but not limited to reporting deadlines, program billing, etc.
- Collect and analyze data and prepare data reports and information necessary to monitor contractor plan implementation and progress.
- Assist with preparing periodic reports that may come due to the Utah Division of Substance Abuse and Mental Health.
- Attend coalition meetings to provide the necessary support and communication that contractors may require.
- Serve on various committees or workgroups as directed by the Program Director.
- Assist with and give presentations for community or private agencies occasionally after business hours.
- Provide up to date suicide prevention and mental health promotion resources, information, and support to agencies and/or private individuals.
- High school graduation or GED required; some college is preferred.
- Pass a background check.
- Knowledge of NAMI Utah or demonstrated ability to learn about and support our mission.
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with diverse and at-risk populations.
- Ability to professionally collaborate and communicate with various individuals and agencies.
- Strong working knowledge of Excel, Google Sheets, Word, PowerPoint.
- Prior experience with Google Analytics is preferred.
- Ability to professionally handle confidential or sensitive information.
- Ability to manage time effectively and productively work independently.
- Ability to complete tasks and fulfill assignments within deadlines.
- Displays a positive, accepting and non-judgmental work attitude.
- Ability to work as an effective team member, including a willingness to take on and fulfill assignments. Examples include answering phones when in office, assisting in major NAMI Utah events and completing position-specific duties as assigned by direct supervisor and other duties assigned by the Executive Director.
- Ability to follow organizational protocols, such as notifying of sick leave, requesting vacation, expense request, and reimbursement policies.
How to Apply: