NAMI Voices shares meaningful experiences through avenues like social media and advocacy. This branch of involvement brings together people with a passion for advocacy and an eye for finding opportunities to make their voices heard. NAMI Voices believes that story telling is a powerful tool for positive community change.
The social media emphasis includes everything from creating and managing content for social media accounts to creating media-based avenues for young adults to share their stories. Social media also helps with organizational promotion for NAMI Young Adults and its individual branches.
- Preprogramming social media posts to Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Creating NAMI Young Adults hashtags for community involvement
- Promoting NAMI Young Adult Events through social media
- Reposting related articles
- Responding to social media comments on posts
NAMI Young Adults is in almost constant need of event promotion and an important part of that is having a great look for each event. The design work focus enables young adults to take a shot at designing flyers, posters and other promotional materials while working closely with the social media team. Just remember, don’t touch the logo!
- Creating flyers, handouts and posters for upcoming events
- Designing posters for rallies and other advocacy events
- Collaborating with other NAMI Young Adult branches to provide the best design services possible.
We like to capture (almost) every special event and moment here at NAMI Young Adults, so this position involves attending a lot of NAMI Young Adults events, picture taking, and socializing. It is the responsibility of the photographer at any event to have anyone photographed sign a release form to make sure it’s okay for us to use their photos on social media and on our website. Don’t worry though, we’ll hook you up with the right forms and the right people to get all the work done.
- Collaborating with other branches in NAMI Young Adults to ensure adequate photo/video coverage of events, collaborative sessions, and classes
- Ensuring that the website’s photos are kept up to date
This area of focus provides young adults advocacy opportunities, including at the annual Rally for Recovery at the Utah State Legislature. Advocacy allows young adults to share their voices and make a lasting difference.
- Attend legislative hearings
- Meet with state representatives
- Phone representatives
If NAMI voices sounds like it's up your alley, email Carlos at email@example.com to get involved!